Voices Under 20 is an new, vibrant, exciting addition to Damfino Journal focusing on writings by younger writers between the ages of 17-20. This particular age sees a variety of transitions take place in their lives and we are looking for writing that explores those changes, transitions, worries, and happiness expressed through creative nonfiction.
Submission Guidelines for Voices Under 20
- You must fall into the age group of 17-20 at the time you submit your work for consideration
- This section of the journal is looking for creative nonfiction only; no poetry or fiction.
- We are interested in reading work that exemplifies the self-referential human experience. Stay away from using expletives as an attempt to shock and awe; consider context. And while we’ve mentioned it, refrain from cliches.
- Submit one piece only. Do not send another submission unless you’ve heard about the first one.
- Your writing should be between 800-2500 words.
- Include your name, address, email and a phone number single-spaced in the upper left-hand corner. Word count should appear in the upper right-hand corner.
- Use Times New Roman and double-space your writng.
- Bold-face title
- Do not include page numbers
How to Submit
- Submit your work as an MS Word document or pdf AS WELL AS in the body of your email.
- In the subject line of your email, please write “Voices Under 20- last name, first name.”
- In your email, please state your name and age and acknowledge that you qualify for the Voices Under 20 section.
- Include a short, 50 word biography.
- Submit your email and attachments (pdf, MS Word, or rtf) to email@example.com
- Response time to your submission is between 4-6 weeks, but usually sooner. Please do not email an inquiry about your work until 6 weeks of wait time has expired.
Thank you for considering Damfino Journal as a possible home for your work.
We’ll be in touch soon!